ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT – TWICKENHAM TW1 1ER
HOURS OF WORK: Monday to Friday, 9am till 5.30pm with 1 hour for lunch
An Accounts Assistant position has recently become available at the head office of an international business based in Twickenham. Working within a dynamic financial reporting team, you will play an integral role.
If you are looking to put your skills and experience in practice and work for a well-established, family run business then this might be just the job for you!
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To help the business in implementing efficient financial practices and to be heavily involved with day-to-day running of the company accounts.
This is a busy, varied role and duties may include, but are not limited to;
- Bank postings, payments and reconciliations
- Assisting with the production of management accounts (including preparing & posting month end journals)
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns
- Management of company credit cards
- Calculation of accruals and prepayments
- Ad hoc duties as requested by the Financial Controller and Director
- Purchase ledger and statement reconciliation
- Assisting year-end and annual audit preparation.
- Preparation of underlying data for returns to the FCA and compliance
- Ideally 3 years’ relevant experience, studying towards a professional qualification OR completed AAT
- Strong Excel Skills (comfortable with vlookups & pivot tables)
- Excellent communication skills
- Good understanding of deadlines and excellent time management skills
- Accountancy degree advantages
- 22 days annual leave increasing on tenure plus 8 days bank holidays
- Eye care Vouchers
- Loyalty & Long Service Awards
- Life Insurance (after qualifying period)
- Car Leasing Scheme (after qualifying period)
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Discounts on car purchases / repairs / parts