The new Lexus GS F was revealed yesterday at the Detroit motor show, here are some if its key features:
· It is powered by the formidable 5.0-litre V8 engine, producing 470bhp and peak torque in excess of 530Nm
· There are four driver-selectable operating modes; Normal, Eco, Sport S and Sport S+
· It is the largest car yet under the F badge umbrella, comfortably seating five adults
· The car weighs 1,830kg and its top speed will match that of some race cars
· The 32-valve DOHC engine is fuel efficient and can easily be switched from the everyday running cycle to performance driving and cruising at speed
· With a taut suspension, larger tyres and uprated braking system, the GS F has exceptional high speed stability and sports car agility
· A larger spindle grille with the F-model mesh pattern gives the car a more powerful look
· It is noticeably lower and wider than other GS models and features 19-inch alloy wheels
· It will be available with a 17-speaker Mark Levinson hifi system
· The car will benefit from Lexus's Pre-Crash Safety System which will provide alerts, braking assistance and automatic braking to help avoid or minimise collisions.
Lexus are due to announce details of the UK specifications and a launch date later this year.